- Enable the organization to create strategy that provides a framework for competing in a highly changeable environment.
- Understand and challenge the organizational mental models that limit growth and prevent rapid adaptation to changing competitive environments.
THEY WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Effectively define and execute strategy to enable growth.
- Conduct a Scenario Analysis of their organization to enable effective responses in dynamic environments.
- Build a shared understanding of the organization’s strategy framework:
- What are the meta-trends impacting the organization?
- What business are we in?
- What are the principal factors on which companies in our industry compete?
- From our customers’ perspective, how do we rate/rank relative to our key competitors on those dimensions?
- What must we do to generate superior value for our current and potential customers to create and sustain competitive advantage.
- Establish a common vision for the future state — if we perform as well as we can, what will the company look like in 1-2 or 3-5 years, as appropriate?
- Identify highest priority markets, customers and products that will enable the organization’s growth and optimum performance.
- Develop shared understanding of any specific business segments, markets, customers or products the organization should consider exiting because it can’t earn an appropriate return.
- Establish Performance Targets.
- Translate the strategy to specific initiatives, projects and actions to achieve your objectives.
- Develop an organizational scorecard and Metrics that reflect the strategy.
- Outline the Capital requirements necessary to execute the strategy.
- Assess the capabilities and bench-strength of the organization necessary to effectively execute the strategy.
Co-creating Strategy is a highly interactive, workshop in which participants will work through the process of building strategy for their organization.
It is an Inclusive process that may include a diagonal slice of the organization, including key outside stakeholders.
Co-creating Strategy is different from other traditional strategy processes that utilize outside consultants to actually develop the strategy. Through Co-creating Strategy, the participants will work through the strategy creation process for their organization.
BENEFITS OF THIS PROCESS INCLUDE:
- Providing a joint learning experience for the participants that allows them to challenge their individual and collective Thinking (mental models) regarding the competitive framework facing the organization.
- Helping the participants develop a shared understanding of the meta-trends impacting their organization which allows them to adapt to changing circumstances faster than their competitors.
- Speeding effective execution because they own the strategy versus merely trying to execute the strategy developed by others.
KEY COMPONENTS OF THE CO-CREATING STRATEGY SESSION INCLUDE:
- Customer choice as a framework for solving organization challenges.
- Scenario Analysis.
- Building and Executing Strategy processes that create competitive advantage and prepare the organization to thrive in an uncertain future.
- C-Suite to mid-level leaders who are deeply engaged in creating strategy and building highly competitive, adaptable organizations.